This will be a fun one! The goal by the end of the week is to create a story… one sentence at a time. Here’s what you do:
- Start with this sentence: The year was 2020. A strange virus had swept over the entire world, prompting businesses to shut down and families to remain in their homes.
- Add one sentence of your own that continues the story.
- Now you have three sentences. Send these three sentences to a friend or family member via email, or even better, call them on the phone! Ask that person to add one more sentence to the story and send it back to you.
- When you get it back, send those four sentences to another person and ask them to add one more sentence and send it back.
- Keep repeating with as many family members and friends as you can think of until your story is 30 sentences long. [Or even longer!] Feel free to involve your teachers as well.
- Once you have received your 30th sentence (if you have less, it’s okay… if you more, WAY TO GO!) it is up to you to give your story a conclusion and send it to us.
Who knows! You could be the next Dr. Seuss! Share your story and we might put it in the newsletter and on the website.